Sunday, May 21, 2017

Where've I Been?

Not writing, obviously!

This winter/spring has been crazy with school (three classes, one with a lab & lecture to boot), working full-time; and, oh doing a play and participating in a belly dance show because I'm crazy like that.  Have I mentioned that we've also taken in my (now) ten year old niece?  Yeah, things have been busy around here of late.

Happily, the spring semester finished up over a week ago, suddenly freeing up my time.  I won't have class again until July (yay!).  So in the meantime I'm planning on laying low and keeping my extracurricular activities to a minimum (cue canned laugh-track).

There's been no meaningful martial arts practice in my life for well over a year.  This is bothering me less now than it did a few months ago, but I'd really like to get back into it if I can.  Rather thinking of giving Wing Chun Kung Fu a try; and maybe taking a Tai Chi refresher class here and there.  Karate is going to have to take a long hiatus unless something new and exciting pops up.

Haven't been doing any sewing/crafting to speak of in about as long.  Fortunately I've discovered the Hamilton soundtrack (thanks to the theater kids in the afore mentioned play), and I'm chomping at the bit to make a King George III cosplay.  Of course the niece will want something too, so I'll have to plan accordingly for that as well. 

In the writing department, my thoughts keep returning to the WIP that I'm close to finishing, as well as "The Kai'us Planet".  Those aside though, school has really lit a fire under me concerning blog ideas.  I have a whole list of topics ranging from whimsical, esoteric pieces; to seriously researched and cited articles; to everything in between.  It was really hard not to work on them earlier, but food and sleep won out (seriously, these past few months have been insane!)  I'm hoping in the coming weeks I can set some time aside to hammer out a few of these ideas for your reading pleasure.

So that's the long and short of it.
This blog hasn't been abandoned, just set aside while life did its thing.  Here's to hoping you hear from me again sooner than five months from now!


No comments:

Post a Comment